In the music industry every artist will be signed to a record label, whom will create an image and deal with all the marketing and promotions for the artist. The genre of my track is considered indiepop and because of this I think that the type of recording label would be a small with a few similar artists. Indiepop orientates from the UK in the mid 1980's and has been ever growing since. An artist can be signed to more than one record label at once.
One of the record labels I have come across is the German label called Firestation Records

They claim to be the number 1 indiepop label in Germany and have released 80 records in the last 13 years with artists such as Mighty mighty and Skint & Demoralised. I listened to the song 'Red Lipstick' by Skint & Demoralised and it does fit into the category of indiepop.
Another record label I have come across as being indiepop would be 'Sub Pop Records'
They have artists such as Beach House and The Shins. I listened to the song 'Zebra' by Beach House and it fits into the category of indiepop.- Death Cab for Cutie - Sub Pop, Warner Music Group, Barsuk Records, Fierce Panda Records, Atlantic Records
- The Dandy Warhols - Capitol Records.
- The Shins - Sub Pop ,Aural Apothecary, Cargo Industries, Transgressive Records
- RadioHead - Parlophone, Capitol Records, TBD Records, XL Recordings
- The Whitest Boy Alive - Service
- Bat For Lashes - Astralwerks, Manimal Vinyl, Echo Records, Caroline Records, Parlophone
- Broadcast - Warp Records, Tommy Boy Records, Duophonic Records
- Magnetic Fields - Merge Records, Harriet Records, PoPuP, Nonesuch Records.
The above list of similar artists to mine of the my chosen track, shows the kinds of record labels associated with the genre of music. The three most popular seemed to be, Capitol Records, Parlophone and Sub pop.
No comments:
Post a Comment