Thursday, 27 September 2012

Our preliminary task

I was given the task of analysing a music video from the 1970s and the 1980s. The video I had chosen was for the 1970s was that by The Beatles, 'Let it be', released in 1970. It is a little narrative but it is mainly band footage. There is some still images of the band and album covers but it is mainly made up of the band in the studio performing the song. I feel the music and lyrics have no connection to the video, although it could be connoted that 'Let it be' could be referencing to living life to the full and there are a few still images of the band together having fun. Also the beats and shots have no joint significance. There is no real stereotyping in this video.

The video I had chosen for the 1980s was 'Gold' by Spandeu Ballet, released in 1983.

The video narrative and has band footage towards the end. There is a link between the lyrics and the video because the song is called gold and the lead singer is collecting gold in the narrative part of the video. In addition the shot changes match the beat effectively throughout the video consistantly. There is some small stereotypes in the video as it is set in a hot counrty with a desert, there is old men sitting around playing dominoes and drinking what looks like tequila.

No comments:

Post a Comment